When you design a website for your business, you want it to be perfect. You want a website that is functional, attractive, outlines your services and ultimately builds your brand awareness and gets you more sales. Whether you decide to build your website on your own, or hire a web design company – there’s a lot of work that goes into getting it just right.
Once it’s live and out on the Internet – is your website really finished? Here are five things your site might be missing:
1. Company Blog: Company blogs are fantastic for many reasons. They can inform your online audience about who you are as a brand, what you’re working on and other company news. Plus, they are great for SEO and updating your website with new, unique content. A blog is also great as a way for your employees to get involved in the company and have their own voice.
2. CTA Pages: Do you have clear call-to-actions on your website? Is it easy for a user to go on your site and find a way to contact you or ask for more information? Having call-to-actions on your website can help direct someone on what to do and where to go if they are interested in something on your website.
3. Social Buttons: This is one element that I still don’t see on many websites. If your business is on social media, why not make it easier for people to connect with you? Having social buttons on your homepage lets people know that you are on social media and makes it simple to follow you on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
4. Favicon: A favicon is the little icon that sits on the top left of your web browser tab. It’s meant to associate your brand with your website. Using a favicon makes your website look complete and professional. By not having a custom favicon for your website, you lose the opportunity to reiterate your brand in a subtle way.
5. Search Bar: Having a search bar on your site allows users to find exactly what they are looking for when they get to your website. It can also help you determine which pages people are searching for most and which ones are getting the most attention.
If you’re looking to make your website more functional or want to design a brand new site, IMP Canada can help. Check out the IMP Digital Marketing Agency Portfolio to see a selection of beautiful, user-friendly websites that we’ve built for a variety of clients.