Question? Call Us (888) 681-9965
Close this search box.
IMP Digital logo

How to Build your Brand with Social Media

Brand perception is the most valuable aspect of your core business. Sales, referrals, company growth, and popularity are all affected by the way people view your brand. When you hear the brand name “Volvo”, do you think of safety? Or when you hear the brand name “Walmart” do you think of value? It is difficult to change a brand’s positioning that is in one’s mind. That’s why it is so important to maintain a brand’s good image or change a poor one for the better.

Social media can make or break a brand’s perception. (In some cases, it can even happen instantly!) When you make the decision to put your brand online on a social media platform like Facebook, you need to figure out how your brand will be represented. This will help you anticipate how it will be perceived.

Here are some ways that you can help to build your brand in a positive light on social media:

Be consistent: One of the worst things a company can do is be erratic on social. Posting at odd times or infrequently gives off the impression that you don’t care. If you make a point to give updates daily or weekly – make sure you deliver.

Take part in the conversation: Social media is a two-way street. People won’t go out of their way to engage with you, especially if you don’t engage back. Try to talk with your audience instead of to them. Ask them to share their opinions and interests – even if it doesn’t directly relate to your brand. Social media is all about creating conversations.

Be narcissistic only 20% of the time: There’s a good rule of thumb out there for brands on social media. 20% of your posts can be self-involved – think company news, brand recognition, promotions, etc. but for the other 80% of the time, posts should be about other things relating to your audience. Keep in mind, branded content is a great combination of the two. Branded content is visual images where you get some interesting or entertaining information along with some brand awareness.

The key thing to remember is to take care of your brand offline or online. Your company’s image always needs looking after. Social media has the capacity to increase brand awareness, reach, and popularity faster than any other medium. Be sure to give your Company Facebook Page the same amount of attention that you give to other initiatives.